The St. Petersburg Times and the Derzhavin Institute Russian language school invite you to take part in a language training session:
Enjoy your time in Russia!
November 30, 2010, St Petersburg, Fontanka emb. 118, Derzhavin Institute
Registration: 18.00-18.30; training: 18.30-21.45
This training session is geared toward the needs of expatriates Elementary or Pre-Intermediate level Russian who want to improve their communication skills for everyday use.
The training session will enable you to:
- improve your everyday communication skills
- take an active part in the social and cultural life of St. Petersburg
- get to grips with the culture of your new place of work and life
The training session concentrates on:
- developing confident communication skills in a number of everyday situations (greetings, engaging in conversation with native speakers, asking for directions, finding out information about social and cultural events in St. Petersburg, inviting friends out, shopping and going out, and going to spas and beauty centers)
- vocabulary and language peculiarities
- role plays and case studies
- elements of cultural awareness and non-verbal communication
- the social and cultural life of St. Petersburg, giving an overview of city guides and venues
Lidia Semenova (PhD in Linguistics from St. Petersburg State University; Lidia has been teaching for 16 years and has taught Russian as a foreign language in a number of universities and international companies in Russia as well as overseas),
Daria Kotelnikova (teacher of Russian as a foreign language with 8 years of professional experience; specialises in teaching Russian language for beginners).
Cost: 1800 rubles. (Discounts for groups).
For more information and to register, please contact Anastasia Filippova: tel: (812) 325-60-80, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org