Exam Preparatory Course
The students who want to take the official state exam during their stay in St Petersburg are offered to take the Exam-Preparatory course.
This course is a combination of the Standard group course and 10 mini-group lessons per week that are specifically designed to cover the structure of the exam, test-taking strategies, most confusing and problematic points in Russian grammar, vocabulary, listening comprehension, and writing, etc.
- Minimum admission age: 18
- Levels available: A1-C1
- Course starts in 2017: 09 January, 06 February, 06 March, 03 April, 02 May, 05 June, 03 July, 31 July, 04 September, 02 October, 06 November
- Timetable: Mon.- Fr., 9.30 a.m – 12.45 p.m + 13.45 - 15.15
|Type||Lessons per week||4 weeks|
4 weeks - 20 lessons in the Standard group course in the morning
3 weeks - 10 lessons in a mini-group in the afternoon
+ exam fees
Non-refundable registration fee - 70 euro
Students are asked to complete the entry test before applying for the course. Please send us a request for the test at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can provide proof of their acquired level of proficiency by taking the TORFL (Test of Russian as a Foreign Language), the standard national test of Russian as a foreign language, certified by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation. The test is required for university entry and in certain professional realms. Please see the Levels Scheme for the exam-level correspondence and expected course length.
- The exams are held every last week of the month
- They are usually scheduled on 2 week days from 14:00 till 17:00. Such a schedule is really convenient as the students taking the test can attend the morning group course and do not miss any classes because of the exams.
- It is possible either to sign in the exam when you are applying for the language course or do it right in the school at least 4 weeks before the exam.
The cost of the exams:
Tests of Elementary Level / A1 – 4200 rub
Test of Basic Level / A 2 – 4900 rub
Test for First Certificate / B 1 – 5300 rub
Test for Second Certificate / B 2 – 5500 rub
Test for Third Certificate / C 1 – 5800 rub
Test for Fourth Certificate / C 2 – 6900 rub