We are pleased to announce the launch of our first essay competition!
Our Essay Contest is designed to challenge our students and subscribers to become creative thinkers and to express their ideas and thoughts in Russian through the art of writing. To speak well without making too many mistakes, you need to write well. As this skill is always lagging behind, we decided to motivate development of this skill through essay competition.
The general big topic of our first essay contest is: “Я изучаю русский язык”.
NB! Micro topic are assigned for each level (A1, A2, B1, B2+)
Entrants have the opportunity to receive:
- Every participant will receive written feedback from the teacher on his/her essay: all mistakes will be corrected and correct options will be given.
- Every participant will be awarded with a 20% discount on any group course or any author’s course.
- The winner of each level (the winner is the one who gets the maximum score) – one free lesson of the author’s course:
- А1 – a lesson in the course Grammar made Easy (starting on 01.03 at 10.00 or at 20.00)
- A2 – a lesson in the course Reading and Listening (on Tuesday at 20.00)
- B1 – a lesson in the course Reading of the Russian poetry of XIX century (starting in March 3, 6, 10, 13) or a lesson in the course Step to Fluency B1
- В2 – a lesson in the course Topical conversation about Russia or a lesson in the course All shades of Russian Grammar
Your essay should be written in Russian (Microsoft Word document or PDF) and should not be less than necessary quantity of sentences for your level (find in the table below).
All entrants must submit by email only their essays to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 14pm Moscow time, and the results will be announced next day – Friday, February 26 (The announcement form is being specified).
Essay micro topics for each level, linguistic constructions expected in the text of the essay, and criteria for evaluation are explained in the table below: