SKYPE INDIVIDUAL COURSE
This course is designed to suit the particular needs and requirements of individual students. Each student decides:
- their own course schedule
- number of lessons per week
- course content (the individual course can either correspond to the Standard course program, or cover any topic/aspect specified by the student)
If you’ve already visited Saint-Petersburg and got acquainted with Derzhavin Institute, you can continue your classes online with the same teachers in order not to forget Russia, Russian and Derzhavin Institute, and of course to improve your Russian language skills.
THIS COURSE IS MOST SUITABLE FOR THOSE STUDENTS WHO:
- have no free time to come to Russia, and wish to study on-line
- have specific aims and prefer to study individually
|1 lesson||8 lessons per month|
once a week
|16 lessons per month|
twice a week
|24 lessons per month|
3 times a week
|32 lessons per month|
4 times a week
|each additional lesson|
|35 €||160 €||320 €||480 €||640 €||20 €|
- Once the course has started, individual lessons can be postponed only by giving a 24-hour notice to your teacher’s e-mail directly. Otherwise, no reduction in fees will be made.
- The booked package of lessons shall be used within one month.
- All lessons that are not used within one month will be automatically classified as done.
- To start the course students have to prepay the total package fee (you can choose between the bank transfer and credit card).
Within 24 hours you will receive the course booking confirmation and the invoice that have to be paid before the course starts (please send us the bank receipt confirming the payment). After the school receives the payment, your teacher will contact you on the skype address to schedule the course and finalize the content of the course.
- Please fill in the enrollment form. The Institute will confirm receipt of your application within 24 hours with a confirmation letter.
- Upon receiving the confirmation letter, you should check all the information, and if everything is correct, confirm it in an e-mail.
- The Institute then send you a contract with the bank details to pay for the programme.
- As soon as you make the payment and send us the bank receipt, the school starts the visa support procedure is requested.
- Upon receiving the invitation letter, you can apply to your local Russian Consulate or Embassy for a Russian visa.
- For all short-term courses (up to 4 weeks) the booking deadline is 4 weeks prior to the start of the course.
- For all long term courses (4 weeks +) your Enrollment form should reach us 8 weeks prior to to the start of the course (apart from Shengen zone citizents-4 weeks).
- For the students from Africa, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Oman the application deadline is 8 weeks prior to to the start of the course irrespective of the course lengh
It is only upon observation of these terms that the Institute can guarantee that it will be able to provide visa support.
- For students who already possess a valid Russian visa and don’t require invitation letters from the Institute the booking deadline is 1week for short-term courses and 2 weeks for long stay courses.
There are 3 options for the payment of course and accommodation fees:
- Bank transfer. Bank details are provided on the contract (that we will ask to sign) that is sent to students after the confirmation of course details. All the bank expenses are the responsibility of the Sender.
- In cash (only possible if students do not need an invittion letter from the school). Students can pay the course and accommodation fees in the Institute’s office within 3 working days upon the course commencement
- Credit card (upon arrival only, possible if students do not need an invittion letter from the school). In case of credit card payments 2% is added to the total sum of the invoice
- If a booked and confirmed course or accommodation arrangement is cancelled with a minimum of 1 week’s notice in written form (e-mail or letter) the total sum of the pre-payment is refunded to the student with the exception of the cancellation fee of 100 euros and post expenses, if any should apply.
- If a booked and confirmed course or accommodation is cancelled less than one week before its start date, one week’s accommodation if any and the cancellation fee of 100 euro and any applicable post expenses will be charged.
- In case of the cancellation of the programme (or part of the programme) which has already started, 70% of the remaining course and/or accommodation fees are refunded.
- Pre-paid courses postponed as a result of delays related to problems with your visa or personal issues should be rescheduled to start no later than December 1st of the current calendar year.
- Group lessons missed or cancelled within the period of the course are not refunded.
- Individual classes cancelled less within less than 24 hour notice are not refunded.
- Students must be 18 years old or over to join group course.
- Studentswho are 16 – 17 years old may come as part of a private group with a group leader.
- Individual students aged 16 – 17 can be accepted onto an individual course programme only if they are travelling with a parent or staying with a relative.
METHODS OF TEACHING
The teaching in Derzhavin Institute is based on the communicative approach that means:
- students learn to use different speech patens that they see in authentic texts and learning situation,
- grammar samples are also takes from authentic texts, the grammar acquisition is realized in three stages: presentation (on the bases of the texts), practice (language exercises) and control (interaction and communication in the group),
- academic situations are close to the real-life situations
We also imply such methods as audiovisual, audiolingual, situational, etc. The variety of methods serves to integrate all the language skills (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) enabling the students to comprehend and produce different types of texts.
- Courses are run all year round
- Start dates for beginners: fixed
- Start dates for A1-C2: any Monday
- Maximum number of students per class: 10
LEVELS AND GROUP PLACEMENT
The students studying Russian language at Derzhavin Institute are divided into groups according to their level of Russian language proficiency. Eleven carefully formulated language levels designed by the Russian Language School – from beginner to advanced – allow for accurate group placement.
- Before the arrival all the students studying Russian (except total beginners) take a written placement test to ascertain their grammar and writing skills.
- On the first day at Derzhavin Institute, students are taking oral test, so that we can place our students in the appropriate class for their language level.
According to the CEFRL by the end of A 1.1. level students:
- can interact in a simple way, ask and answer simple questions about themselves, where they live, people they know,and things they have,
- can initiate and respond to simple statements in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics, rather than relying purely on a rehearsed repertoire of (tourist) phrases.
- Lessons per level: 80
- Start dates: fixed
According to the CEFRL by the end of A 1.2 level students:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
According to the CEFRL by the end of A2 level students:
- can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
LEVEL IS DIVIDED INTO:
A 2.1. Pre-intermediate
A 2.2. Pre-intermediate +
According to the CEFRL by the end of B1 level students:
- can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- can produce connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans..
LEVEL IS DIVIDED INTO:
B 1.1. Intermediate
B 1.2. Intermediate +
According to the CEFRL by the end of B2 level students:
- can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
LEVEL IS DIVIDED INTO:
B 2.1. Upper-Intermediate
B 2.2. Upper-Intermediate +
According to the CEFRL by the end of С1 level students:
- сan understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- сan express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- сan use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- сan produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
LEVEL IS DIVIDED INTO:
С 1.1. Advanced
С 1.2. Advanced +
- Lessons per C 1.1. level: 160
- Lessons per C 1.2. level: 160
- Start dates: any Monday
- TRKI test: third certificate
According to the CEFRL by the end of С2 level students:
- can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- can summarise information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations
- Lessons per C 2. level: 180
- Start dates: any Monday
- TRKI test: forth certificate