Studio Apartments / Guesthouse
If you want to live independently and enjoy the comforts of a separate flat, our studio apartments in the guesthouse are the best choice for you.
GUEST HOUSE IS MOST SUITABLE FOR THOSE WHO:
- want to live close to the school
- prefer independence and quietness
- needs comfort at a reasonable price
- The guest house was recently renovated and is fully equipped.
- All rooms are on the ground floor.
- Each room has a bathroom, a small fully equipped kitchen, TV, standard furniture.
- Washing machine and iron set are available in common area.
- Linen and towels are provided.
- Best for people: 30-80+
- Distance from school: 10 minutes walking
- En-suite bathroom
- En-suite kitchen
- Single, double, shared rooms
- Free wi-fi
|Single room||Shared room*||Double room**|
|14000 RUB/week||11000 RUB/week||21000 RUB/week per room|
* Also available if a student is travelling alone
** For two students travelling together, or for single use
We also propose a meeting service at the airport to take you direct to your accommodation. The benefit of this service is that after a long flight, you do not need to worry about :
- how to find your accommodation
- how to use public transport on your very first day in a new city
- how much money you will need to pay for a private taxi or public transport
- where to get key for guest house
|single||shared (to the same accommodation)*|
|2500 RUB one way |
4000 RUB round trip
|1500 RUB one way per person |
3000 RUB round trip per person
* Can be booked only if two students are arriving with the same flight/train, and travelling to the same accommodation
The accommodations are usually available from Saturday till Saturday or from Sunday till Sunday. The prices are for a week (7 nights).
It is possible to book extra days at an extra cost, though the availability might be limited especially during the high season from May till September.
If you need some extra days, we kindly ask to contact the booking office first to double check if extra days of the accommodation are available before you make the application.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU NOT TO BUY FLIGHT TICKETS BEFORE YOU GET THE CONFIRMATION FROM THE SCHOOL.
- If a booked and confirmed course or accommodation arrangement is cancelled with a minimum of 1 week’s notice in written form (e-mail or letter) the total sum of the pre-payment is refunded to the student with the exception of the cancellation fee of 100 euros and post expenses, if any should apply.
- If a booked and confirmed course or accommodation is cancelled less than one week before its start date, one week’s accommodation if any and the cancellation fee of 100 euro and any applicable post expenses will be charged.
- In case of the cancellation of the programme (or part of the programme) which has already started, 70% of the remaining course and/or accommodation fees are refunded.
- Pre-paid courses postponed as a result of delays related to problems with your visa or personal issues should be rescheduled to start no later than December 1st of the current calendar year.
- Cancellation or change of accommodation after your arrival is possible with a week’s notice to your host and the Institute.
- There is always the opportunity to change your accommodation type (e.g. from host family to guest flat, hostel or hotel) on the condition that students pay the difference between in the fees.
- If a student requests and receives an immediate change of Host Family acommodation into a self-catering accommodation, the student is still required to pay the institute the full price for that week of host-family accommodation, along with the fee for whichever new accommodation is provided.
- It is only for fundamental reasons that you can move from one host family to another host family during the high season (from June to October).
Accommodation and transfer details are sent two weeks before the arrival.
If for any reason you will need the details earlier, please contact the accommodation manager at email@example.com
If you book a host family, we will send you a HOST FAMILY MATCHING FORM after the payment for the program is made. In this form you will be able to state your preferences concerning the family type, children/pets/hobbies/etc.
We will do our best to find the family that would suit your preferences, though cannot guarantee that all the criteria could be met especially during the high season.
- Living in a family differs from living in a hotel and eating in restaurants. Students are usually offered the same food as the hosts eat every day and in the times when the family usually have meals. Though families are usually eager to meet your dietary requirements in case you are a vegetarian or allergic to some food – just state your preferences in the enrollment form and talk to your hosts when you arrive.
- Usually, a continental breakfast is served – cereal/toasts/yogurt, tea or coffee.
- Dinner usually consists of soup or a main dish of fish or meat.
- Please pay attention, that it can be rather difficult to find some special dietary foods in Saint-Petersburg, so in case if you need some special products (gluten-free, lactose-free etc.), you should buy them yourself or bring them with you.
Our welcoming, experienced host families have all been thoroughly checked and approved by the Institute.
Applicants should understand that every family has different habits concerning meals, communication, daily routine and way of life in general, but all our host families treat students with kindness and are eager to meet their needs. You may encounter some cultural differences while living with a Russian family, but students should embrace this as a normal and challenging part of your overall experience and try to accept the accommodation offered for the duration of your stay in Russia.
You will be provided with a single or shared room (upon your request in the application) furnished with at least a single bed or a sofa-bed, a wardrobe, a desk with a chair. Your landlady/hostess is responsible for cleaning your room, but you should try to keep it tidy to enable her to do so easily.
BATHROOM AND WATER
As you will most likely share the bathroom with your host family, please understand and be considerate of the fact that other people in the family also need to use the bathroom, especially in the morning.
Hot water supply: Students should also keep in mind that most of the flats have no hot water for 3 weeks during the summer months. Unfortunately, the Institute cannot inform you of the exact time the hot water is turned off. Russian families usually take cold showers, warm water on the stove, or go to Russian bathhouses or saunas when the hot water is turned off.
Drinking water: St. Petersburg’s water-supply system is old, and the tap water is not fit for drinking. Drink only filtered or boiled water!
Bed linen will be changed every two weeks. Students can also give the hostess some light clothes items (such as T-shirts, shorts, skirts, etc.) for being washed once a week. In the case that your host family has a washing machine, you may ask them to wash heavier clothes such as coats, jeans, trousers etc as well. (This service is additionally charged – we recommend our hosts charge 150 rubles per load for this additional service). You can also take your laundry to one of the many launderettes/dry cleaning services in the city. The Institute can provide you with more detailed information on the services around the city.
The host family provides you with half-board (continental breakfast and dinner) or breakfast depending on your request. Please arrange with your host family the exact dinner time and adhere to this. It is only for some exceptional reason that the hostess can cook some dishes especially for you. In most cases, students are offered the same food as the rest of the family, usually typical Russian food (please mind that many families nowadays use microwave food).
You will be given a set of keys to the flat, so that you can come and go at any time. However, please try to be polite and try not to disturb the family by coming home late at night. If you are planning to spend the night out, please inform the host family. If you stay out all night without giving any notice, the family is obliged to inform the Institute.
When living with a host family you are usually not allowed to invite guests over unless you ask your hostess and receive permission beforehand.
While living with a family, you can use their phone for the local calls free of charge. For international and long-distance calls, please use telephone cards, which you can buy at any big supermarket or telephone booths. To use your mobile phone, you can buy a Russian Sim-card (you need your passport and immigration card with registration to make the purchase) or you can borrow a Sim-card from the Institute.
If there is no Internet connection at your host family accommodation, you can rent an internet modem for your laptop from the Institute. Yota offers fast unlimited mobile Internet access to any internet resources, from e-mail to downloading videos, anywhere within the Yota coverage area.
Derzhavin Institute charges a damage deposit of 100 euros for all accommodations. Students pay it on the first day at the Institute directly to the office. The deposit will be refunded at the end of the course if no damage has been caused.
You will be given a set of keys by the person who meets you at the Guest house. Please be careful as you will be responsible for replacing lost keys.
You are responsible for cleaning your room during your stay. You may not move the furniture in your room and attach pictures and posters to the walls.
You are responsible for everyday cleaning the bathroom and for buying all necessary items such as soap and toilet paper. The common areas of your room (kitchen and bathroom) will be cleaned by the owner/Institute staff every week only in your presence.
You will be provided on arrival with 1 sets of sheets and towels. The linen is usually changed once per week (prior arrangement with the landlady is necessary).
The room will be cleaned by the owner before the student’s arrival. You need to clean the common areas in your room after you have used them, washing the dishes and taking out all rubbish and bottles daily by disposing of them in the appropriate bins located in the streets outside the building.
Guest house is equipped with a washing machine and iron set. You can find it in laundry room.
Entering in your room you should remove the shoes and put on the slippers. We do not provide slippers, so we highly recommend to bring a pair with you.
The price of the accommodation includes standard heating option. Guest house has central heating system which functions during cold season and is turned off during summer. If you are cold, please ask the landlady staff for portable heater.
We kindly ask you to turn off the lights when you leave a room and not to use several electrical devices with high electricity consumption at the same time (kettle, iron, washing machine etc.)
HOT WATER SUPPLY
All year around.
The St. Petersburg water system is quite old, and the tap water contains some chemical substances. Showering and brushing your teeth are safe, but tap water is not suitable for drinking. We advise you to drink only bottled or boiled water.
Smoking is not permitted in the common areas of the apartment.
We have booked the room for your personal use. Overnight guests are allowed only with the owner`s consent. If the owner agrees, the school will inform you of the fee you must pay per night.
MONEY AND VALUABLES
Please do not leave money and valuables in your room as the owner cannot be responsible for them.
EXTANDING YOUR STAY
If you decide to extend your course and your accommodation, please inform the school immediately. We will confirm your new booking, although we cannot guarantee the same room. Our accommodations are reserved exclusively for students who are taking courses. Therefore, in cases of limited availability and during the high season especially, you cannot stay in our accommodations if you are no longer a registered student at the school.
Derzhavin Institute charges a damage deposit of 100 euros for the Guest house accommodation. Students pay it on the first day at the Institute directly to the office. The deposit will be refunded at the end of the course if no damage has been caused.
In order to take care of ordinary maintenance, the owner/Institute staff reserves the right to enter the apartment but only the common spaces, not your room.